Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I am a REAL housewife of Nebraska....

The most recent picture of me, dirty and in the Rocky Mountains as capture beautifully by my daughter (4) she really captured the feeling of my elbow and back didn't she?
Colorado :)
Recently on vacation in Colorado (beautiful!) I had an epiphany..okay well maybe just a wild hair, but out of that, this blog was born.  I am not a writer, photographer, professional blogger, perfect wife, perfect mom or perfect anything else, but I do have a HUGE urge to do EVERYTHING!  I want to learn to weld and solder, our college offers a class that I want to take (since my husband offered to teach me but if your husband is anything like mine you know that won't ever happen!).  I want to know how to shoot the gun I own (a Circuit Judge that I recently purchased with my very own purchase permit), this fall I am taking Hunter's Safety, because my son (6) is obsessed with hunting and he does not come from a family of hunters.  I want to become more proficient in my sewing.  I want to learn to cook from scratch and healthy.  I am a Christian, even though sometimes I stumble.  I am a mother and a wife.  I know how to hitch and back up a trailer.  I know the difference between a combine and a tractor.  I like to just sit on my deck and watch the cows, especially during calving season.  I love to ride in the combine with my husband during harvest, even though the buddy seat apparently isn't made for a woman sized caboose.  I have recently decided to retire from my vintage slinging biz.  During my last show my mom asked what I was going to reinvent myself as now.  that is the question that I pondered on vacation and the answer is simply, I am not going to reinvent myself.  I am going to BE MYSELF and improve myself.  What do I hope to give you as a reader of my blog? Entertainment, Inspiration and Reality.  I want to become friends with you as the reader through feedback, comments and responses.  Share your own experiences with me!

The view from my deck, in November
Cows, I love cows.





3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. I look forward to learning more about you through your blog!

    I am also a Nebraska Blogger located in central Nebraska!

    http://choresandchandeliers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. Loved your post! I can relate! I just started my food blog www.mrscookiebear.blogspot.com I'm Nebraska born and raised as well. No better place on Earth to live! Best wishes to you on your blog!
    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both for stopping by! I've checked out each of your blogs as well, hope you stick around and help me along this journey!

    ReplyDelete